Friday, November 18, 2005

Thanksgiving..........

So I had some time this afternoon to do some thinking. I decided since this coming week is thanksgiving, i know that a lot of people over look this day. I was praying last night about problems in my life or even just things that arent even that big of a deal. I was telling God that i know my problems are nothing compared to people dealing with cancer etc. however, God looks at our issues just as closely as He looks as ones with cancer. Nothing is hard for Him to overcome. He cares and listens about our small problems because He loves us.
Ive been thinking about the meaning of life lately. My cousin was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis a few weeks ago. She is 16 years old. I know that adam was diagnosed as a baby. Hers is also in her lungs. My family is crushed. My grandmother cries immediately if you even mention my cousins name. She just keeps saying "i love my grandbabies, I love my grandbabies". Her sister is even worse. she is not only dealing with Robyn now being diagnosed with cf but also her little friend has a brain tumor and there is nothing else they can do. My younger cousin is 12. what trauma for her to go through! Its makes you realize you thought your life was great one minute the next you could be dead. This world is so temporary. Dont get close to it, for more reasons that one. So back to thanksgiving...........
I looked up the definition of thanksgiving. I think of the pilgrims and all that jazz I did in elementary school. One definition says "Grace, blessing, a prayer before a meal"
I look at "grace". What a word. Grace makes us think of the cross. Its a reminder to THANK the Lord for His Grace not only for the cross but also DAILY.
second word: blessing. It is a reminder to THANK God for His blessings. How has he blessed you? Yes, he blessed us with parent [s], house, car, clothes, and food. But what about the little things? The little things that you dont think bout that He did just bc of His perfect Will. I thought of a small blessing yesterday. I was walking to class by myself. I never have to walk by myselff because my roommate has all of the same classes as me and she will for the rest of college [its the way that education works at BAMA]. It is a blessing bc it is a long walk to go by yourself every day. Ya, sometimes it can be good just to spend some time with the Lord alone, but in this situation its just awesome that you have someone to be with bc i get scared when i have to go down an allie type street by myself when i take a short cut on my way to my house. I get scared. I normally call my dad =) Ok off subject.
So All of this to say...................What are you thankful for?? Think bout it. Id love to hear...
Happy Thanksgiving..............
HEATHERJOY

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home